Here is a picture of a completed gnome. Isn't it cute?
After I posted asking for volunteers on the Well-Trained Mind board, I got lots of questions. I've tried to answer everything concisely for you.
1. Knit a gnome (or two)! The pattern I've been using is here. There is also a top-down pattern here.
2. Yarn: We'd prefer natural fibers, but we will take what we can get. This is a great scrap yarn project!
3. Since the gnomes are going to lovely chocolate-colored children, the faces should be tan or brown.
4. NO BELLS. These are for babies and the bells are a choking hazard.
4. My friends will tentatively travel around October 24. Please mail completed gnomes by October 17, to be sure they get here in time.
5. If you don't like sewing all those pieces together, either try the top-down pattern or send your pieces to me. Please send pieces by October 10 so I'll be sure to have time to put them together!
You can email me through the blog and I'll send you my address. I'm really excited that so many people are going to knit gnomes! Thank you!