My very good friend Susan has tagged me for another meme. This time you get to learn 10 things about me, you lucky, lucky reader!
Here are the rules: You have to tag 5 people and you can't tag the person that tagged you. You leave them a comment on their blog letting them know you are tagging them and why. Also, direct them to your blog for instructions. It is also asked that you notify the tagger when you post your list so that they can enjoy reading the responses.
Here are the 10 facts about Beth:
1. I am from Michigan, and never lived anywhere else until I moved to North Carolina.
2. You might have known I was from Michigan, but did you know that I argued adamantly with my 5th grade teacher against the existence of North Carolina? I was quite sure that since there were Virginia and West Virginia, that there were also Carolina and South Carolina. She showed me the map. I told her the map was wrong. And now I live in NC. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?
3. I was the drum major of my high school band as a senior.
4. I was a member of the Michigan Marching Band for 3 years while I was in college and twirled a flag. I performed in the Gator Bowl and in the Rose Bowl (national TV - now aren't you impressed?). I used to be able to show you which tiny dot I was in the block M picture but I don't remember anymore. (I still have a flag in my garage.)
5. I majored in linguistics in college. I can explain to you many fascinating things about language that you never wanted to know (but you really should - want to know, that is). About schwa [/ə/], for example. Unlike Susan, I never used my degree to get a job. (Most people don't know what linguistics is.)
6. I ran track and cross country in high school - I was a passable distance runner. Not so much with the sprinting. I tried short sprints because, well, they were short and I was lazy, but learned that I do much better with endurance running.
7. I am very good with spontaneous song. Abbie has inherited this gift from me.
8. I want to be a speech pathologist when I grow up.
9. I have more Webkinz than my children. I name most of them after characters from children's literature. The exception is my family of Googles, which all have names beginning with I - Imogen and Ichabod, the little ones; Ivanhoe (the dad); and the mom will be the pink Googles, due out in June, I think, and her name will be Isolde.
10. I am an excellent speller. I used to like to think of it as my spiritual gift, until someone told me I'm probably a visual learner.
There you have it! Let's see, who to tag... Audrey, Aubrey, Jessica, Sarah, and Stacey. Have fun!